Monday, October 17, 2011

Art weekend

October started with a bang! I attended APE (the Alternative Press Expo) a few weekends ago in San Fransisco. There was so much talent in one place. The artist Jen Tong really stood out from the rest. I was immediately drawn to her fantastical dreamy comical illustrations. Another highlight was watching the cartoon network team from Adventure time doodle in front of us! I also got to meet the lovely Shelly Wan! I love her gorgeous art.
I grabbed this adorable tote! I've been loving neon lately. This is now my favorite art tote!
 We headed out to Potrero Skatepark after hours of pouring through wonderful art! My eyes were tired but it was so nice to watch the sunset and get some sketches of my own in.
 I had an early start with the best breakfast at La Boulange on Polk.
 Then it was off to the beach for a early morning run! I wish my view was this incredible every morning. It will be soon :) But with palm trees...Can't wait for LA....
 Next we set out to the de Young to catch the Picasso show. I admit I didn't know much about him other than the obvious and whatever they taught us in art school. I'm glad I went in with clear eyes. It made it much more fun to explore and make my own option of his art. My favorite period from this exhibition was the one involving Dora Maar.
It just so happened that the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival was in golden gate park that weekend. So we followed the crowd towards the music.  I never expected so such a grand event and so many people!
Bikes galore!
A cupcake bus in the middle of golden gate park!
Lots of outfits to checkout. What an amazing weekend and awesome start to October!







No comments:

Post a Comment