Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chocolate and lace

Some mornings I crave the strangest things. Take for instance, goats cheese apple flat breads topped with dark chocolate on a bed of spinach. Paired with my Holy Mate tea. Trust me it was delightful! I usually avoid all grains so I have to get creative in the kitchen. I make these pancake/flat breads out of coconut flour. I use them for sandwich, pancakes, pizza dough substitutes. They are tiny and perfect for one. You can make them sweet or more salty bread like depending on the oils and milk you use. Coconut oil and coconut milk lean towards a sweeter result. Olive oil and hemp milk are more salty bread like. My favorite is a Spring olive oil by Sciabica. It has a buttery aftertaste that mixes well with the coconut flour. This is my current favorite 85% dark chocolate by Alter Eco. It's very low in sugar and has no emulsifiers.








Grain free Coconut flat-breads

1 TBSP freshly ground flax seeds + 3 TBSP water
1 TBSP Coconut flour
1 TBSP Coconut milk 
1 TBSP Sciabica Spring Olive oil
Sprinkle of Pink salt

Mix together and cook on a oiled cast iron hot plate like a pancake



No comments:

Post a Comment